HEATH FAIR 2019 ADGA SANCTIONED
Junior Doe and Senior Doe Dairy Goat Shows
Show Day: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Check-in starts at 7:30 am. Animals are to be in place and checked in by 9:30 a.m.
Youth Showmanship begins at 9:30 a.m.
Senior Show will start at 10:00 a.m. or ½ hour following completion of Youth Showmanship
Goat Costume Parade (for all ages) begins at 12:30 p.m.
Junior Show begins at 1:00 or ½ hour following the completion of the Goat Costume
Animals are to be in place and checked in by 9:30 a.m.
Show starts at 10:00 a.m.
(Scroll down to see new Youth Showmanship rules for 2019)
- These shows are sanctioned by the ADGA for the following breeds:
All Other Purebreds
- Advanced Entry Fee is $4.00 per animal and must be received by the show secretary no later than August 10, 2019. Late Entries at $9.00 per animal accepted from August 11 until August
16, 2019. NO DAY OF SHOW ENTRIES ACCEPTED. Only same class substitutions-limit 2 substitutions per class allowed. NO REFUNDS. Entries can be submitted on-line at http://www.heathfair.org/, or
sent to Ellen Fisher, Goat Show Secretary at the address above. Note: see Youth Showmanship Rules for fee for that contest.
- The Junior and Senior Shows are separately sanctioned.
- ADGA rules shall govern at the shows.
- Show premiums will be paid corresponding to the Judge’s award in the show ring. Judge’s decision is final.
- The original registration paper must be presented at check-in. For animals under 6 months of age, a duplicate copy of the ADGA stamped registration application is acceptable.
- Base date for age is the show date: August 17, 2019.
- Any milking animal showing over distension of the udder is subject to discrimination by the judge. There is no pre-show milk out.
- All animals MUST have been shown in regular type classes to be entered in any group.
- HEALTH REGULATIONS: All animals entering a Massachusetts fairground from out of state or within the state must be accompanied by a valid health certificate signed by an accredited
veterinarian certifying that the animal is clinically free of infectious or contagious disease and exposure from such disease. Health certificates must be available upon request to fair inspectors.
Health certificates must be dated January 1, 2019 or later. Documents of health certification for out of state animals must be written on relevant state or federal health forms only. In-state animals
may be accompanied by a certificate of examination on a veterinarian’s letterhead stationery which clearly identified the contact information for the veterinarian signing the certificate. Animals may
be inspected prior to unloading. Animals with pinkeye, sore mouth, abscesses, etc. will not be permitted to unload and will be asked to leave with a forfeiture or entry fees. Rabies vaccination is
encouraged but not required. In addition all goats must be free of scrapie exposure and must possess a USDA approved individual tag, tattoo or electronic implant consistent with the Federal Scrapie
Eradication Program (FSEP).
- Acceptable “Official ID” is tattoo matched to registration paper.
- Some animal pens in barn will be provided.
- The intended order of the shows is the order of classes listed below; however the order of the shows is subject to change in event of an emergency or at the request of the
- See the Heath Fair web site for online registration, for additional information on activities, events, entertainment, food, etc. and for directions: http://www.heathfair.org
New in 2019!!! Youth Showmanship -
Saturday August 17, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
Youth Showmanship Rules
The exhibitor’s skill in presenting their animal and themselves will be evaluated. Premiums and fair ribbons will be
- To show in youth showmanship, the exhibitor must own, or lease, and exhibit at least one animal in the regular Heath Fair
Dairy Goat Show. Registration papers or lease agreements must name the exhibitor as owner or lessee of the animal.
- Clipping is not required for animals shown in the Youth Showmanship class. A clean animal with a dairy trim is perfectly
acceptable. Clipping is up to the decision of each exhibitor.
- Entry fee for the Youth Showmanship Class is $2.00 per goat. This fee is waived if the animal is to be entered and shown in
a regular class during the Heath Fair Dairy Goat Show.
- Heath Fair Goat Show rules apply.
- DRESS CODE FOR YOUTH SHOWMANSHIP: while the focus is on your doe, your appearance in the show ring projects an image to the
fair management, the public, the media and your fellow exhibitors. Please take as much care in your personal appearance as you do with your dairy goats. Clean white shirt or 4-H shirt is
expected. Closed toe footwear is required in the show ring.
- Classes (all breeds competing together):
a) NOVICE-JUNIOR (never shown before or under 12 years of age)
b) INTERMEDIATE (have shown or 13 years to 16 years of age)
c) SENIOR – (have shown or between 17-20 years pf age)
*Best three: Three does, all in milk, from the same farm or
family. Only one entry per farm or family.